Sunday, November 23, 2008

elsie.

so i know that i have been absent from the blog scene for awhile. i've had friends tell me online, church, work, etc. that i've been doing a pretty poor job of keeping this up to date.
well alright, so i've been gone for awhile. i've been researching i guess you can say. i have been lost in what i really want to portray though my photography. it has to do with the fact that i've been photographing sports lately... i've lost a lot of what i enjoyed and studied about photography worried that i'll get just the right shot of someone running with the ball, or diving of the platform.

my sister, elsie, gave me a very interesting assignment that has started a whole new way of thinking, journaling, and researching... my sister has been married to her husband jeff for two years now. may of 2007 as i was finishing up my junior year she calls me to tell me that she is pregnant (they had only been married for four months). her son was born seven months later and has grabbed complete control of my heart. elsie called me again in june and told that number two is on my way-- not only am i going to an aunt for the second time, but a godmother as well. jeff asked me if i could snap some photos of elsie alone and with their son... it has launched me into this whole new way of thinking about life. so needless to say i have taken a month long break from photography... again.... to understand this way of capturing a moment.

-n-




No comments:

Post a Comment